October 6, 2011

Breakfast date!

You know what I love the most? Spending almost one whole day with both my best friend and my boyfriend at Ikea.

Literally, the. best. day. ever.

Throughout these years that we've been best friends, yes those good 11 years, Fara and I had never stepped foot in Ikea together. Not even once. Please don't judge. Our friendship is way better than you think. I've been to Ikea a gazillion times, with Zahir, my family, a couple of my friends.. but not Fara. Come to think of it, I don't even know why we hadn't thought of going to Ikea together. Ikea is like, the most amazing place. I love Ikea compared to Sunway Pyramid. Sunway Pyramid has Topshop, Dorothy Perkins and Forever 21. So liking Ikea better than Sunway Pyramid means that Ikea is REALLY a great place. Sometimes I get Ikea withdrawals, so I would whine to Zahir and he'll bring me there, just to walk around Ikea and eat their famous Daim Cake and meat balls. When I don't even want to buy anything, I always ended up queuing up at the counter to pay for something. Why? Well, who can resist buying things at Ikea? Okay, maybe it's just me, but whatever. Ikea has the best things ever, so don't blame me. Hehe.

Anyway, on Tuesday, Zahir and I promised Fara breakfast. We wanted to bring her out for breakfast at our new found favorite breakfast cafe in Damansara. We were so excited about going there and when we arrived..

IT WAS CLOSE!!!!

Fara and I shrieked in the car and went all crazy, saying all sorts of things like 'omg, but I'm soooo hungry!' and 'I was so excited to come and they decided to close????'. We both tweeted to show how disappointed we were while Zahir remained calm beside me. I swear, he is the calmest person I know. You can drop a bomb in front of him, and he'll manage to keep a straight face. Hahahah, but seriously. It's unbelievable how he is so expressionless.

Fara and I were figuring out where to eat and Fara said we had to find nice foods to payback and Zahir drove us to Ikea. We settled for Nasi Lemak at Uncle Lim's. It was so satisfying because I got to eat my favorite Nasi Lemak with fried chicken. I even patted my stomach to show how grateful I am!

After eating, we decided to walk around Ikea to look at all the pretty furnitures but ended up.....


Yes, you've guessed it.

I told you, who could resist?!

We suddenly felt like watching a movie, so we went to Cineplex and bought Johny English's tickets. I wanted to watch Dream House but Fara is a baby, so we couldn't watch it. She'd have a hard time sleeping at night if we watched it, or so she said. Haha. We had a good one hour until the movie starts, so we decided to have gelato!

My favorite gelato has always been Lecka Lecka :)

After finishing off our gelato, we still had 45 minutes before the movie. We didn't know what to do to kill the time, so Fara and I did what we do best, gossip. And Zahir did what he do best either.

I guess he got bored hearing 'omg did you know that blah blah blah....' and he fell into a beauty sleep. I swear, he must've thought he was on his bed, seeing how comfortable he was sleeping there. Haha. He's such a patient guy, my Zahir. Never complained about having to wait for me or listening to my whines about how I feel fat everyday. I'm so lucky!

I had such a wonderful time. From an hour breakfast date, it turned to be a whole 7 hours of good fun!

No comments: