November 8, 2012

Fried Kuey Teow

Sure, Chili's and Delicious are amazing places to dine in but sometimes stalls or some small restaurants are better. Have you tried the famous Kuey Teow Aunty Gemuk located at Jamal Mohamed Restaurant? If you haven't, you definitely haven't live your life to the fullest. Okay, maybe that was too much. But seriously though, you should really grab your purse & car keys and go now. Like, right now. Hehe. 

I remember the first time I tried Aunty Gemuk's Kuey Teow, I was a little kid. Around the age of 6 or 7, back then when Aunty Gemuk's stall was located at the other end of the shop lots, at Subang Ria Restaurant. Dad always tell us how he would bring Mom there to eat back when they were dating. Such a loyal customer, my Dad.


Sometime this year, I brought Zahir there because I was craving for the Kuey Teow so bad. And guess what guys? He's addicted now. Yes, he's been nagging me and annoying me to have lunch with him there for the past week. A couple days ago, I had some free time, so I finally said 'okay, let's have lunch at Aunty Gemuk'.  You guys should see how he lit up when I said 'Aunty gemuk'!! I bet he doesn't even lit up like that when he hears my name!! He ate a big plate there and took home one more plate. Pretty greedy, this one. 

My meal wouldn't be complete without the fried yong tau foo from the stall next to Aunty Gemuk's. SO GOOD!!!


Jamal Mohamed Restaurant is located near the FAM football place in Kelana Jaya.

You should try them too and if you have, are you as addicted as Zahir is? 

2 comments:

The morning dew said...

as soon as I touch down KUL, I shall.

Ayeen Kadir said...

Yeay! And if you've tried it, let me know whether you like it or not :D