December 31, 2012

My Girls

It's really annoying when my phone keeps beeping and it got stuck due to the excessive amount of messages I receive. There was this one time, I put down my phone to pray for less than 5 minutes and the next thing I know, boom! 359 Whatsapp messages. Yeap, it's that crazy. When that happens, my girlfriends are the only ones I'm blaming. We have this group on Whatsapp, the nine of us and I swear, sometimes the things they talk about on there are the most random things ever. As annoying as it is, I still love my girlfriends, so much. Though it's really tiring to keep up with all the notifications, but when I read through them, I always ended up smiling or laughing to myself. What can I say? My girlfriends are a part of my life that I really appreciate and thankful for.

Sometimes there are funny photos they sent, sometimes there are videos too. But not even once I go without smiling. They really brighten up my days. Literally. Like, yesterday they were sending all these photos of us like, 10 years ago. I was laughing looking at ourselves because we looked really really terrible. Okay.. prepare yourself guys...



HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH omg. I'm really embarrassing myself right now but it's just too funny to not be in this post!

When we're planning to go somewhere together, oh, it's even worse. I think even my phone gets tired to keep up with all the notifications. Haha. But you know what? I don't care if my phone is tired. I don't care if it's annoying. Because my girls are simply the best. Whenever I'm feeling a little bit off, they have all the answers I want to hear. All nine of us have completely different personalities, styles and opinions. So it's really great to just listen to eight different opinions and advices. I know this is a really random post but you know, last night, we had this really long conversation about hypocrisy, cyber bullies and hardcore psychos in this world. It really opened my eyes because I used to be the girl who is really insecure and cares about what other people might think of me. I was obsessed for everyone to like me. But then I realized that not everyone will like me and that's not my problem to solve. I don't have to try to impress anyone. So from now on I'm going to be myself and do what I like to do. If someone doesn't like it, then it's their problem and issue, not mine. You know, sometimes I wonder what did I do to deserve really great people in my life who accept me for who I am. My family, my boyfriend and yes, all my girlfriends. It's really good to have girlfriends who definitely open my mind to better things in life and constantly reminding me of Allah and things I should or shouldn't do. Seriously, I'm really lucky.


So now, I'm living by the quote by Dr. Seuss that says,


“Be who you are and say what you feel,
because those who mind don't matter,
and those who matter don't mind.” 


So I would like to take this time and dedicate this small post to all my girls : Fara, Shera, Fatin, Iffah, Jes, Intan, Nicole and Mira. (okay names aren't in any specific order. So stop bickering about it girls. Haha) I love you girls to the moon and back because you girls bring out the best in me but mainly because you girls accept me for who I am. *HUGS*

No comments: