March 14, 2013

February 2013 Favorites!

I don't have the time to sit and film my February favorites. I wanted to wait and film when I have the time but looking at my agenda... I doubt there'll be any free slots for me to film one. So I decided to just write about it and show pictures. That's much more time saving than filming a video. Of course, it's not as fun because well, I can't talk. And I love talking. But I'm still going to post this up anyways!


So February went by so fast. Literally because it was only 28 days. Truthfully in February I didn't really have the time to be myself because all I did was cry myself in my room after Zahir left. But you know what, I still have some things that I find myself keep using or wearing in the month of February. So here they are!

1) Victoria's Secret Pure Seduction


This has been my addiction. I have always been a fan of this scent from their classic line but I stopped wearing the scent after I got the other scents from Bath & Body Works and such. However, last month I started to wear it again and man, I didn't know why I stopped in the first place. The smell is just amazebeans! I can't even describe it. I love how it has a really feminine and sweet scent to it. I wear it every single day in the month of February that I had to go to Victoria's Secret to purchase another set of Pure Seduction.


2) Covergirl Nature Luxe Foundation


Omg, how do I start. This is probably the best foundation there is on this planet. The texture, the coverage it gives, the price and the effect it leaves on my face.. It's the most perfect foundation in my opinion. The only thing about it is that it's from Covergirl and Covergirl is not available in Malaysia. I like this brand so much that I tweeted Covergirl once asking them to bring their stuff to Malaysia but no luck. I doubt they even read that tweet. Sigh.


3) NYX Matte Lipstick in Whipped Caviar

I love matte. Matte eyes, matte face, everything matte. So of course I love matte lipsticks. This lipstick is just the best. It really gives my lips the moisture I need and also because it's matte, it settles on my lips really well. I have thick lips which I don't like. I find it difficult to find the right lipstick but this NYX matte lipstick makes my lips a lot prettier. It gives my lips a shape and I don't have to reapply a lot with this lipstick. It stays on longer than most lipsticks.



4) Rimmel ScandalEyes Mascara


I'm the type who is a cheapskate when it comes to mascaras. I've never owned high end mascaras just because I think mascaras expire too fast. So it won't worth hundreds of Ringgit. But you know, why settle for a high end one when you can get a good quality mascara at the drugstore, half the price of the high end mascaras? This mascara really gives me the length that I want and it makes my lashes voluminous. Seriously, it's such a great mascara! And I love huge mascara brushes.



5) Elf Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder




I love love love this duo. I usually use the bronzer which explains why I've hit pan. I use the bronzer every single day in the month of February. And I'm still wearing it until now. I have medium to dark skin, so it's kind of hard for me to find the right shade of bronzer. Because every time I purchase a bronzer it's almost invisible on my cheeks. But this bronzer and blusher duo is my life saver. I really really love this product and it's cheap too! Only USD3 but I don't think you can get it in Malaysia :(


6) Biore Cleansing Wipes



I bought this in early February and yes. It's such a great wipe! I always wipe my make up off with this and then I wash my face again with a water based make up remover. It works so well and you'll be shock at how much excess of make up is on your face if you use certain make up wipes. Also, this particular wipe has its own box that can prevent from any bacterias and to prevent the wipes to dry off like certain brands. 


7) Pink Chiffon by Bath & Body Works

Okay, I know I already have a favorite scent mentioned this month, which was the VS Pure Seduction. But this one is different. It's a body wash and oh my gosh you guys, if you haven't smelled this... you really haven't live your life to the fullest. Trust me, Pink Chiffon is definitely one of my favorites from Bath & Body Works. I've been using the body wash and lotion and have received a lot of compliments on the scent. It stays on so long too!


8) Corine De Farme Hair Mask


This hair product is from France and it was recommended to me by the Sales Woman at Sasa. I don't like hair mask because it's kind of annoying and a hassle to me. But when she mentioned the words "no paraben" and "can use daily as your conditioner", I considered it. It was around RM29.90 per tub, which to me, is kind of expensive for a hair product. So I almost said no to the Sales Woman until she opens the tub and let me smell the product. Oh, how did she know scents are my biggest weakness?? It smells like straight up Mango. Sweet and fruity. So after I took a swift of what the product smelled like, I was sold. I straight away nodded and went to the counter to pay for it. But seriously though, I've been using this since early February and my hair has been really good these days. I used to have to straighten my hair every single day but now, I can't even remember the last time I switch on my straightening iron.


9) Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette


It'll be insane if this palette isn't on my February Favorites because I've been using this so much to create everyday looks. Seriously it's the best invention ever! I love how the colors are all matte except for one. And the colors are really pigmented (like you don't know how good Urban Decay's eyeshadows are right?) and the best part is the size. I can easily throw this in my purse instead of carrying the original Naked palette. Love love love this, seriously. I wouldn't trade it with anything. Ever!


10) Beauty Blender dupe from Sasa


I've always been a person who likes to use buffing brush to apply my foundation but in the month of February, I don't know why but I've been using this dupe for beauty blender. I didn't realize how great this thing is at making my face look flawless! It evens out the foundation with my skin really well.


11) Benefit's Pore-fessional 


I always use this as a primer and it evens out my skin to the maximum, guys. I'm not even kidding. The texture and the feel... it's just.. I don't know. You have to try it for yourself then you'll know what I'm talking about.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Time for non-beauty favorites!!

1) Infinity bracelet



I've been searching for an infinity jewelry since forever. Be it a necklace, a ring, a pair of earrings... whichever, as long as it has an infinity sign on it because I love infinity signs. So when I found a stall that makes these kinds of jewelries, I flipped! Of course I want one. I wanted to get one for myself but Zahir was such a sweetheart to buy it for me. I have been wearing this every day for two reasons. One, because I've been searching for this for so long and two, because it's a reminder for me that Zahir and I are for infinity, InsyaAllah. Now that he's so far away, I take this bracelet with me everywhere I go as a symbol that he's always with me.


2) Patterned Jeans
I guess this one speaks for itself because come on, who doesn't love patterned jeans these days?
These particular pairs I got from Brands Outlet for RM100 for 2.


3) Book : What Happened To Goodbye by Sarah Dessen

The best book by the best author. Highly recommend this for those who love to read! A really deep and amazing book. I felt like I was apart of the characters in the book. It's that good!


4) Oreo Cakesters


Need I say more?


6 comments:

Deeya Cantabile said...

Omg! I accidentally bought travel sized biore cleansing oil in cotton tu during a short trip recently! I love it better than my neutrogena cleansing oil! I might repurchase!

Ayeen Kadir said...

Hey Deeya. Yeap. It's so good right? I'll repurchase too, definitely!

Myrafiqa said...

Ayeeeenn ! Yg elf contouring blush & bronzer tu ada jual. But through pre-order la.

Myrafiqa said...

Ayeennn ! Yg elf blush&bronzer tu, u boleh beli. But through pre-order la. :D

Ayeen Kadir said...

Hi Myra! Really? Beli kat mana? :D

Anonymous said...

may i know where i can het elf cosmetics here in malaysia, also.what brand makeup brushes do u always use,i spotted at the background :)