December 20, 2013

The First To Tie The Knot!

Yes, I’ve been busy. Like, super busy.

No, you don’t have to remind me of how dusty this blog is.

And no, you don’t have to tell me how bad I am to have neglected this blog for so long.

But yes, I do apologize!

Anyway, I am still busy with my Thesis and stuff but something big happened. I really think this deserves a whole post on my blog. The big news is….

 *drum rolls, please*

 LOLA IS GETTING MARRIED!!!!!!!

Well, for some of us who are close to her knew this way before she announced it to the world but we all kept it a secret. If you don’t know who this Lola is, she is a very dear friend of mine from high school. Well, from primary school actually but we got close in high school and she has been my best friend ever since. I couldn’t believe my ears when she announced to us she was getting married! Actually, she didn’t exactly “announced” it, it was more of a hand gesture. She showed her ring and it finally hit us. Lola is the first to tie the knot in our group of friends! Words can’t describe how happy I am for her!









I just got back from her bachelorette party actually. Which, I think is more appropriate to be called a bridal shower than a bachelorette “party”. There were no strippers, no dirty games or naughty presents. The nastiest thing at the dinner was the cake and that was it. We are a bunch of angels okay? So, don’t you worry. Haha. 

KIDS, CLOSE YOUR EYES!!
Pardon me for posting this picture of the cake. It's just too cute to not be in this post. 
One of the bridesmaids, Farah, makes the prettiest cakes! If you want to place an order, you can visit her Instagram : baketimestory

All of her bridesmaids planned this quiet dinner for her at Flora Café at AmpWalk. The restaurant was a really nice restaurant with amazing decorations. It was such a satisfaction seeing Lola’s face when she saw all of us at the table, waiting for her and we made her wear the Sereni & Shentel’s veil the whole night. Seeing her in front of me made me feel sad but happy for her at the same time. I just can’t believe this little friend of mine is getting married and she’ll be living in London with her soon to be husband. How time flies.

Edora and I were talking about how we couldn’t believe that one of us in our group is getting married. Like, for real. We didn’t really put much thought on it when she told us, but being at the bridal shower just now….. it all suddenly came hitting us on our faces. THIS. IS. REALLY. HAPPENING.

LOLA IS GETTING MARRIED IN 2 DAYS!!!!!!!

We were freaking out. In a good way though.



This is just the bridal shower. Let’s just hope I won’t cry my eyes out during her reception!

No comments: