January 1, 2012

It's another year!

New Year posts and statuses are everywhere today. Like every other year, I'm going to spend my New Years at home. I'm never the type who likes to go out and celebrate New Years just because I hate crowds and sweats. Unless it's a concert that's really worth the sweat, then that's fine with me. But going through the throngs of people, brushing against each other's skins and smelling strangers' breaths are not really a great way of starting a new year. But of course, that's just me. Different people has different tastes and opinions. If you ask me, I would rather stay at home having a sleepover with my best friend or play dress ups with my sister than waiting for the fireworks outside. But this year, I would have to say, no sleepovers nor dress ups. I have to study! My final exam is just around the corner. Like, really around the corner. It's on January 4th. However, I couldn't be any lazier. Seriously, I have a lot of time wasted just by watching Youtube videos and reblogging on Tumblr. I brought myself to my study table once and managed to study 2 topics and then I found myself back on Youtube. I'm taking 5 subjects this semester, so I have like, a lot of stuffs that I need to study. Especially when it comes to Law and Urban Economics. I'm freaking out right now!!

Anyways, talking about New Years, of course New Year resolutions straight away popped into my mind. I had never really have a real list of New Year resolutions before because I know myself too well to make one. I can never follow those resolutions if I make one anyway, so why bother? But this year, I figured I should make one. I'm getting older (gasp!) and it's time to discipline myself to a list of New Year resolution. I don't know if it's going to work out through out the year 2012 or not but why not give it a try, right? If it works then good but if it doesn't... then you don't have to remind me of it. Let it be in the past. Hehe. So, I've been thinking of what to include in my new year resolution and I came up with a few things.

1. Be positive all the time
2. Stop feeling insecure
3. Be a better Muslim
4. Study consistently
5. Forget the past and move on
6. Blog consistently and make more videos (hopefully)
7. Spend my money wisely (wish me luck on this one!)
8. Start back to exercise/dance
9. Be a better daughter, sister, friend and girlfriend
10. Be friendly to everyone!

I don't know if I'll ever be able to complete that list by the end of 2012 but I'm going to try. Wish me luck!

I also wish that this new year, I will be free from any enemies or haters or anything relatively close to that. I hate having enemies and I just don't do enemies. If people don't like me, then it's their choice and their lost for not giving themselves a chance to know me better. What I learned in 2011, was that not everyone you meet is going to like you. And that's okay. If people don't like you then it's their problem. As long as the ones you love feel the same way as you do, then you're going to be fine. I've had my fair share of enemies in the past. I used to take it as a really big deal because I don't want people to hate me but hey, now I realised that, why bother? People who have the time to hate on other people are just an unhappy bunch. This world is not for hate. Maybe some of them might have a reason why they don't like a certain someone, but why not work it out with them? Be honest on what you don't like about that person. God gave us mouths to talk to each other, so we can work things out and to forgive each other, not to talk bad about other people behind their backs. No one is perfect and to hate on somebody because of their flaws? That's not fair. You have your flaws too, so do you hate yourself then? So yeah, I really am determine to let go of the ones that talk behind my backs, I'm going to delete them completely from my life and remain happy with the ones that actually like me for who I am and not talk bad behind each other's back. I'm pretty sure I'm going to feel relieved once I start fresh without those kinds of people.

I know this sounds cliche, but 2011 was really fast. It felt like I didn't have the time to breathe. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a little but it really felt fast. Like any other year, 2011 was great. There was't one year that I don't like though there were bad memories and some mistakes I made, but everything happens for a reason and we have to move on. Every year has its own good and bad memories and to me, embracing those memories, despite it being good or bad is better than regretting them.

I'm happy that I get to spend another year with my family and loved ones and the fact that they're still in my life. Though my brother is a million miles away from us, but at least he's still breathing and living healthily. Alhamdulillah, I thank Allah for every single thing that happened to me, for the people I have in my life, for all my loyal readers and viewers, for everything that I earned and have in the year 2011 and also the previous years. I'm truly blessed :)

Happy New Year to my readers and everyone else! <3


What are your new year resolutions? Let me know! xx

No comments: