April 27, 2013

Eating Healthy

I don't know how healthy is healthy but at least to me, the definition of eating healthy is ice cream, Cheetos, popcorns, cheese burgers, chips.... Just kidding. Hehe.

In all seriousness though, I've been wanting to eat healthily since forever because I want to have a good body because hello, which girl doesn't dream of having Adriana Lima's body? However, that seems pretty far fetch for me, so I shoved that thought away and focus on just having a fit and healthy body. Even a million years of diet won't get me close to any of the Victoria's Secret's angels, so I just stopped dreaming because I'll be depressed just by thinking about it and when I'm depress, I eat. That's not the plan now is it?

I'm pretty glad that my body is now realizing that it's important to choose the food I eat rather than just shoving everything down my throat regardless of the consequences I have to bear later on. So that day I went grocery shopping with my Mom and I was pretty shocked myself with what I ended up throwing in the cart. Usually every time I go grocery shopping, I will straight go to the snacks and chocolates aisles and just live there for a moment. Haha. My cart was usually full with crackers, Cheetos, M&Ms, Boost Chocolate Bar, Mars, Snickers, a tub of ice cream (doesn't matter whether it's Ben & Jerry's, Starbucks, Blue Bunny, Thrifty or Sunny Side ice-cream). I always have a tub of ice-cream in my cart. Sometimes two, but you know, I'm not going to explain that because I know I shop for groceries like a total fatty (not being judgmental here. I'm just describing myself) but hey, please don't judge.

That day, I had to do a double take to really believe what I actually bought. I didn't know I was eating so unhealthily until then. Some of the food I bought were instant garden salad with croutons, blueberry cereal bars, non-artifical blueberry juice, yoghurts and green tea. Fyi, I HATED GREEN TEA!! But I heard green tea is suppose to be good for your body or something, so I decided to just give it a try and hey, whaddayaknow I LOVE IT now!!!

Some of the meals I eat these days :

Breakfast



Brunch

Dinner

Also, I have been drinking coffee almost every single day now. This is totally on a different note, I'm not even sure whether coffee is good for your health (I doubt it) but I'm just wondering what made me start drinking coffee. Is it because I'm getting older and that's why my taste is changing? I used to cringe at the smell of coffee but now, I sometimes open the pantry cabinet to just have a swift smell of the coffee. It's so weird.

It's kind of hard though, when I'm addicted to coffees. I have the urge and crave for Starbucks every day. Sometimes twice a day. It has gotten chronic, guys.

Okay, despite everything I typed above, want to know what I did a couple hours ago?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Ate 1/4 plate of Ayam Penyet Rice. 
Yeap. All those 'eating healthily' before for nothing. 
Excuse me, so I can cry by my own in a corner.

No comments: