April 14, 2011

Unlucky Thursday

I think God is trying to test me today. I knew I should have followed my instinct and skip today's class. But I don't know why, I was determine to go. Maybe because this week is the last week of classes and next week is the study week. So I thought, I shouldn't waste a class when it's the last one for this semester.

I arrived happily, oblivious about what's going to happen next. I parked my car at the usual spot. Though it was an illegal parking space but everyone park their cars there. Every single day. So, at 12pm, I walked in class. By 12.30pm, the class was dismissed because there wasn't much to discuss in class since we have finished the syllabus and all. At 12.30pm, I walked out of class to my car. Then I saw it. A yellow thing stuck to my car's right tyre. My car was clamped!!!!! Without wasting any time, I went straight to the office accompanied by Reena and Mijah. I was given a form that I had to fill in. Then I had to go see the Head of Department which was not a problem because Dr. Anuar is very kind and friendly. He wrote on that form that I only had to pay RM10 for the punishment. I was relieved.....

Until I saw the Senior Assistant of the office. He took my form and wrote 'RM 50' on it. I was speechless and it wasn't like I can say anything to him. He was in charge of these things, this is not Beijing after all, where I can negotiate the price. So, I let it go. Next, I had to go to the Technical guy (I don't know why they need a long procedure just to release a clamp!) to pay the *sigh* RM 50 and release Summer. That was when I lost it. When I knocked the Technical guy's office door, he wasn't in. Note that I waited for him since 1pm, that was when he told me to come back at 2.30pm as he was going for his lunch break. I respected his time, so I had to wait for one a half hour before going back. I waited some more till it was 3pm because I thought maybe he wanted to pray or had some things going on. So by 3pm, when he was still not in, I called. It's a good thing his number was plastered on his door. Guess what he said???

"I'm outside, can you wait another half an hour?"

I was all, that's okay but inside, I was furious! It was 3pm and I was still in college! I should be home, resting instead of wasting my time there waiting for some guy. I had no choice but to wait until 3.40pm, I figured I should give him extra 10 minutes, just in case. But he still wasn't in. I was about to cry because this happened to me. That was when I found another number on his door. Thank God, the other person could help.


Poor Summer, she had to wait 3 and a half hours to get her tyre free. RM 50 gone, time gone. What could get any worse? I was so upset that I didn't even remember to take any photos to show here.

With heavy traffic, I reached home at 5pm. How nice.

No comments: