July 27, 2011

Childhood girlfriends

If you know me or you've been my reader for long enough, you should have known how my social life is. Slow. Yes, my social life is kind of slow, I have this love-hate relationship with my social life because there are times that I love going out with my friends once in awhile but most of the times, I stay home, curled up in bed all day. As long as I have my laptop, my phone, my iPod and my family, then I'm good. I don't need anything else. I don't even hang out that much with my best friend, much less with my other friends. Be it high school friends, college friends or ex colleagues from my previous part time jobs.

If they ask me why do I always decline their invites to hang out or a movie or something, I don't even know what to answer. I love them, I do. I love all my friends but I'm just not the type to hang out and stuffs. It's just not my thing. I don't find hanging out that amusing, but if you say shopping, then I'm all yours! However, last weekend, I realised that it's good to go out and meet up with your friends sometimes. I still don't think hanging out is fun but I do think that meeting up your friends that you haven't seen for so long is necessary once in a while.

I haven't seen my primary school girlfriends for.... I don't know how long! It's been TOO long to the extend that I forgot! They had asked me out a few times, especially Wana and Uswah but I was always out with my family or sometimes they asked me out at night, which I'm not fond of. As much as I don't like hanging out, I don't like hanging out at night more. The idea of being out and about without your parents when you can't see the sun any more is just.. I don't know. I just don't like it. Maybe I was raised that way and I'm glad my parents did. I'm going to be 20 in less than a month time but I still need my parents to be by my side when I'm out at night. Yes, you can call me a baby but that's just how I am. I can't change that and I don't think I want to change if I was given a choice. With an environment like we have here in Malaysia, I don't think it's safe out there, especially at night. There wasn't a day that the newspaper comes out without crime stories. Rapes everywhere, murders here and there and with the psycho acid man not being in prison, don't you think it's really dangerous out there? Especially for girls and women?

Anyway, last weekend, Dee BBM me asking me if I'm free to join all the girls from my primary school days. I was actually in the mood to go out but with my parents away, I had to be the driver to send my sister to her tuition classes on that day. I really wanted to go and was happy that Uswah said they'll wait for me until after I fetch my sister up.

Honestly, I was kind of nervous to see them. It's been so long!! But when I got there, I saw all the warm and familiar faces. So I relaxed a little and shockingly, we all fell into such easy conversations. Gossips, what's going on in each other's lives, make ups, fashions, we literally talked about everything without any awkward silence. Despite all the years I haven't seen them, we were all still the same around each other. That was when I realised, I've missed them so much and promised to myself I will make more time for them in the future.
Sadly, the photos we took on that day didn't turn out great, so I don't have any photos to show you guys all my friends' pretty faces but meeting Uswah, Wana, Ellis and Dee really made my weekend :)

No comments: