November 28, 2011

Hair Tips

Who doesn't love their hair? Everyone does, even the guys, right? So I'm going to share my tips on how to take a good care of your hair, everything I know, I'll share them with you here.

My hair isn't the greatest, shiniest or even straightest because even though I have these hair tips in my knowledge book at the back of my mind, I don't really practice them in my daily life. That's why I'm going to share these with you, so I can start to take care of my hair too!

So here are the tips to a healthy hair :

DON'T TIE YOUR HAIR TIGHTLY/ALWAYS
Its okay to have a french twist or a sleek ponytail sometimes but don't overdo it. This is because tying your hair everyday will only suffocate your hair. Why hide your beautiful hair in a bun when you can show off your locks? Let them breathe and let them free! Remember to not put your hair into a very tight hairstyle because that will leave marks on your hair's natural texture. There's a myth saying tying your hair in a ponytail will make your hair grows faster. Well, forget it, girls because its not true.


DON'T USE TOO MUCH HEAT/USE HEAT PROTECTANT

This is the hardest part. For me, I always blow my hair or straightening it or curling it. So I don't have time for a heat-free hair any day. It's almost impossible because I don't look that good with my hair up. So I always ought for my hair to be down, either straight or curly, both require heat. So what do I do? I use heat protectant. But this doesn't mean you can get away with using heat every single day! Because even with heat protectant, applying heat to your hair everyday will break your hair and make it dry. It will even break the ends of your hair. So be careful! Think before you heat up those curlers, girls!



EXCESSIVE OF HAIR PRODUCTS
This is easy! Everyone knows too much products will cause bad things to your hair. It will make your hair appear to be dry and dull. So, choose your hair products wisely and stick to them! For me, I always have my heat protectant, a hair spray and a serum. Three products are enough for me.


HAIR TREATMENT
You don't have to splurge on this. Hair treatments at the salons are getting more expensive these days. Its only hair treatment after all. If you're the type that doesn't want to waste your money on your hair and would rather buy that blazer you saw at the mall (like me), then you should try doing treatment on your own. There are a lot of hair treatment products at any drugstores, so you can easily get one. I do hair treatment weekly, every weekend to be precise but these days, I'm kind of lazy to do it. But I'm going to start doing it again soon, for sure.


COMB/BRUSH??
When your hair is still wet or damp, don't use a brush to brush your hair because it can break your ends. Choose a wide tooth comb instead. Sure, a wide tooth comb will also break your ends but at least it's not as bad as using a brush. If you can, don't brush or comb your hair at all while it's wet or damp and leave them to air dry. That will be better but if you're like me, I can't really leave my hair without brushing or combing it because I'll feel weird if I leave them like that. So I opt for combing.


DON'T SLEEP WITH WET HAIR
I don't know about you, but I've never done this. Only because I think it's gross when you put your wet hair onto your pillow, the pillow will get soaked too. That's just unacceptable. But if any of you do this, you better stop! This is because sleeping or lying down with wet hair will cause breakage to your hair because hair is most fragile when its wet. So you might want to let it air dry before hitting those pillows!


DANDRUFF??

I used to think that dandruff is caused by shampooing too much. But I was wrong. Dandruff is caused by overactive oil glands and this means, you should clean your hair frequently to avoid getting dandruffs.


CLEAN YOUR HAIR EVERY OTHER DAY
I know I said you should frequently wash your hair to avoid dandruffs, but that doesn't mean you need to wash your hair every single day. I used to wash my hair every day and I think the excess of shampoo and conditioner on my hair left me with even more dandruffs. So now, I always wash my hair every other day. If I wash my hair today, I will have to wait until one day after till I can wash my hair again and its killing me because I'm so used to washing my hair every day. However, this really works. I don't have dandruffs anymore now! And this will make your hair healthier, trust me.


I think that's all I have for now. You can try these tips and see if it works for your hair, because they really do make my hair healthier. And who knows, your hair can be like this :

HAHA okay, no. Don't worry, your hair won't turn out like this if you follow these tips.

By the way, if you have any hair tips, leave them in the comment box below so all of us girls can share! <3

Pictures source : Google Image (click on photos to go to the links)

3 comments:

Deeya Cantabile said...

maybe share your everyday hair routine?
and the products you're using :)

Ayeen Kadir said...

@Deeya, sure. I will soon :)

Anonymous said...

Great website. Lots of useful information here. I am sending it
to some pals ans also sharing in delicious. And naturally, thanks in your
effort!

Stop by my site ... click here