February 14, 2012

3rd Semester results

I had 3 weeks semester break and I only got my results yesterday, which was the first day of the new semester. I don't know what took them so long to post up our results but after getting lectured yesterday about how our batch is the worst compared to the other batches in Real Estate, I got it. Maybe it was so bad that they didn't have the heart to post them up. Well, at least that's my theory because I don't know if there's any logical excuses other than that.

Anyways, I was kind of dreading but was excited to get the results. Sort of like a fifty fifty feeling, you know? So when one of my classmates posted in our Facebook group that we have our official results up on the student's portal, I typed the student's portal so fast and didn't have the time to think. I just wanted to know how I'd do considering how hard all the papers were for me and I just wanted to get all the nervousness out of me and get it over with.

When I signed up on the student's portal, this is what I saw :

A 3.45 GPA and 3.42 CGPA.

I didn't know how to respond to what I saw. So I just kept a blank face and got ready for my first class of the semester. I didn't feel a thing. It was bad since it wasn't 3.5 or above but I guess I should be thankful since it was higher than my last semester because everyone knows how bad I did on my second semester. I told my Dad about it after that, and his respond was "oh... that's okay" and I couldn't really tell if he was happy or sad about my results. But what's important is that he didn't get mad at me, so I guess it was okay. Mom's reaction was the same. I don't know whether they're disappointed or relieved. I guess I just have to be thankful that I at least got higher GPA and CGPA than the last semester and that I at least got above 3. Alhamdulillah, even if I spent my study week having fun in the States, I had enough time to study everything and I know it wasn't perfect but I have to thank Allah for what I've achieved.

I guess I have to study better this semester for higher CGPA. But with all the tough subjects I have to take this semester, I doubt I can do it... I'm not giving up though. I can at least try my best and my hardest to achieve what I want. Problem with me is that I'm a lazy person. Like, super lazy, I'm not even kidding. However, I think I can change that about myself this semester because I won't be better if I don't at least try, right? I'm going to put extra effort this semester and if it's possible, I'm going to keep myself motivated all semester!

2 comments:

Rikajue said...

Congratulations, Ayeen! Improvement is always a good sign of hard work paying off. Give yourself a pat, ok. :)

Hahaha, same case. Doubt can do it but sure as anything, not giving up! Hm, if you're worried about the 'lazy' part, you can ask help from family/friends. Like asking them to remind you to study. That can help. My Dad likes to do that, without me asking even. -.-"

hahaha, ok, Goodluck this semester, study smart!

Ayeen Kadir said...

Thank you so much for your kind words, Jue! I truly hope we all can survive this semester, regardless of what the lecturers think of us!

And yes, my parents tend to do that as well but whenever they remind me, I always wanted to do against what they want because I don't like being pressured! That's another problem I have! Yikes! :/ I guess I have to put motivation words up in my room so I can feel motivated by myself. Hehe :p

And good luck to you too Jue :D