July 10, 2014

All I wanna do is sleep

I have been crazy busy these past couple of months. I'm not even kidding. I work literally every single day for the past two months. Yes, even on weekends. I think I haven't even told you about my work. 

Okay basically I started my internship in February this year and I was rewarded some kind of award for special intern scheme. After I finished my intern, the company offered me a permanent job. Without the 3 months probation period other people have to go through. Alhamdulillah, I was flattered, of course. So now I am the Project Marketing Executive for International Properties in my company. Oh if you are wondering, I am a Real Estate major and the company I'm working at is a Real Estate company (duh?). 

Anyway, I have been busy with exhibitions and launches every day including weekends and I travelled to East Malaysia for one week for the roadshow as well. I was there during the first day of Ramadhan, which was... an experience for me. The first day of Puasa was the last day we were there. Usually exhibitions end at 7pm and with me being in Kuching at that time, Maghrib is earlier that West Malaysia. And my flight was at 9pm which means we had to dismantle the panels and pack the brochures and stuff and rush to the airport at 7.30pm. My muslim colleagues and I drank one sip of bad coffee at the hotel, rushed to the surau to pray and rushed to the airport with our huge luggages full with hard covered brochures. 

So if you were at the Kuching International Airport that Sunday night and saw three girls wearing black blazers, skirts and heels, running with huge luggages, sweating and panting. Yea, that was definitely us.

There was also this one time in KL, we were still in the exhibition hall and we had to drink plain water for iftar. But because we were so desperate for some flavor, we actually put sugar in the plain water. That's just so sad right? Haha.





After two months of working every day, I decided to take two days off work. So yes, I am on leave today! What are my plans you ask? Well, sleep. And sleep. And sleep. And......... sleep. I miss being lazy. I miss being unproductive. I miss proper sleep. I miss sleeping more than 4 hours. So that's what I'm going to do today and you can't judge me. Hehe.


I went for a mani/pedi/scrub session this morning and it felt so good to just relax and pamper myself after those crazy two months. I felt like i deserve the treatment and tomorrow will be spa day! I can't wait!

By the way, here's a picture of us on the plane on the way back to West Malaysia. 
We looked like we weren't tired at all.
Happy and all smiles. 


But you know when people say "looks can be deceiving"?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Because this is how we actually felt.



No comments: