January 1, 2015

REVIEW : Shizens Lip Tattoo


I always envy people with natural alluring lips. Sadly, I don't have naturally pink lips. And no I don't have sexy shaped lips either. To be really honest, my lips are the number one thing I am insecure about. I don't like my lips; the shape is awful, the color is dark and before you have any assumptions, no, I don't and have never smoked in my whole entire life. So I doubt cigarettes are the problem here. Although I always receive comments asking me if I smoke because they took one look at my lips without lipstick and they assumed I'm a smoker. Which is not cool. At all.

I remember as a kid, I have always tried different things to make it pink or maybe lighten it up a little bit. So I would ask my Mom, my friends, my aunts, just about anyone who would listen, "how can I get pink lips like the boy in Home Alone?". I was obsessed with Home Alone because of Macaulay Culkin's lips. I received a lot of tips from people ;

"Apply Colgate on your lips every night before you go to sleep."

"Scrub and buff your lips every other day with your tooth brush." 
(Which I still do now because it's good to get rid of the dead cells on your lips. But certainly don't expect your lips to be pink! Lol)



I have tried them all but my lips is still not as pink & sexy as Macaulay Culkin's. So, I decided to let it go and embrace it. But that thought lasted only until.... I am old enough to be allowed to wear lipsticks. I practically wear lip colors every single day now. It has becoming an important part of my make up routine these days. From the girl with only lip balms in her make up storage to "I need more lipstick organizers to store my lipsticks" kind of girl because I find it easier to hide the flaws on my lips by applying bold colors on it.




However, I noticed that some of the lip products I own give me the best colors but the texture just makes my lips look bad. The creases on my lips just appear to be very visible after applying some of the lipsticks I have in my collection and whenever that happens, the lipsticks always ended up untouched. 

This is when Shizens Lip Tattoo came into the picture!


When I first saw this product, I didn't know what to expect. A lip tattoo? What does it do?

So like usual, I turned to my good friend, Mr. Google.



After doing some research about this Lip Tattoo, I am quite intrigued by what it claims to do. 

"Shizens Lip Tattoo adds a spread of moisture and relieves the formation of fine lines. It helps to lighten dark pigmented lips and gradually turn them into natural pink or rosy tones." 

That's what it says on the packaging & website. So of course I'm excited to try this product! It like it was made for me and my lip problems. Hehe.


I've used this for a week now and so far I'm liking it. It does give moisture to my lips, I didn't have to apply lip balm beforehand.

What I like?

The fact that it is pearl white in color when you apply it but it will change to a pink shade after a while. Which is super cool. It will make your lips look naturally rosy, which is what I have been aiming for!

What I don't like?

The smell. It smells weird. I don't know how to explain it but I'm not a fan of the scent.
Also, I think the texture is a little bit too liquid when you first apply it. But it gets better once it sinks in your lips.

Price?

RM168.00 (8ml)

My overall verdict?

I like it so far! It certainly does what it claims to do. So that's awesome. 
I rate this product : ★★★☆☆



Personally, I think it's a little bit on the pricey side but hey, Shizens is a really good and trusted brand internationally, therefore the quality of the product is guaranteed to be on point. Also, this Lip Tattoo is one of Shizens' Star Product! So it's a good investment if you feel like your lips need that extra loving!


Visit Shizens on the Internet!

5 comments:

cindy said...

i nak tengok all your lip collection!!hahahah

Keknis said...

Anis sekarang memang selalu apply lip balm yang ada warna.. Kalau tak memang muka akan nampak pucat ;(

Ayeen Kadir said...

Cindy, I bet yours lagi banyak! Mine will look like nothing compared to yours! Hahaha

Ayeen Kadir said...

Anis : Kan? Tu la, dulu Ayeen pun selalu malas nak pakai any lip products but sekarang kalau tak pakai macam ya Allah, rasa tak complete. Hehe

cindy said...

show me cepat!!hahaha