December 26, 2012

BBW 2012 ; My Experience

No guys. It's not Bath & Body Works...

I was disappointed too at first. When people started tweeting BBW, I was like, "Bath & Body Works? In Malaysia?" Sigh how misleading can tweets be? :(
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Turned out BBW isn't Bath & Body Works after all, but it was still something exciting!
It's Big Bad Wolf 2012!! The biggest book fair in Malaysia was back. It ended last weekend and I'm glad I went. I didn't go last year because crowds and me do not mix well. Sweats, gasping for air and snatching books with strangers? No, thank you.

I went on the last day of the event, which was last Sunday. I guess the crowd wasn't that bad. Everyone was civilized. Phewww! *wipes sweat off forehead* I imagined some hair pulling, books snatching and cat fights. Okay... maybe I watch Gossip Girl too much. Hehe. But in all seriousness, BBW was amaze-beans, guys! If you didn't go, you better have a serious-can't-avoid-situation as your excuse because there's no way that you could miss Big Bad Wolf just because you 'didn't want to get caught in traffic outside the Mines Convention Centre' or that you 'need to take care of your baby sister at home'. You should have brought your baby sister along with you if that's your last resort!

Big Bad Wolf 2012 was held at the Mines Convention Centre (MIECC) from December 7th until December 23rd. That's a whole long time for you to give excuses to not go, okay! I nearly missed it this year actually because like I said, crowds and me don't mix well. But when my sister asked my Dad to bring her there, I was like 'why not check it out? Won't be too bad'. Turned out, it wasn't that bad at all.   I enjoyed searching for books in the swarm of other bookworms like me and I certainly enjoyed walking with books scattered all over the floor. It was like heaven on earth for me, surrounded with all those great-smelling-books. Oh and we were approached by a guy working for BBW, asking us to do like a shout out for them. I quite had the feeling the reason he approached us in the first place was because he saw us carrying these two really big boxes filled with books. Yeap, we all went crazy. Even Dad couldn't control himself. The books were RM 8, RM 10 and most of the hard covered ones were only RM 12 - RM 15. Heck, there was even a graphic novel, fully colored, priced at RM 3. How is that not awesome?

Of course, I was more attracted to this section the whole time :


And because John Lennon was my boyfriend :



When all of us were tired from all the book searchings, we all found a corner to sit (on the floor) and go through all the books again, whether we really want to buy it or will it just be an impulse buy. I ended up not taking 3 books out of the 15 I had in my box of books. 


When all of us had filtered the books, Dad was complaining how it will be a long queue to pay. However, we didn't have to fret because there were 30 counters opened and the cashiers were extremely efficient in doing their work. 



My box of books.


So that was my experience at the Big Bad Wolf 2012. I might do a book haul video soon, showing what books I got. So keep checking in for that. To those who went as well, what do you guys think of it? Did you have a great time there? 



No comments: