August 27, 2013

I'm in Vietnam?

Hey everyone! 

As you can read in the title, I am actually in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam as I'm blogging this. I'm on my third day here but I just found out the wifi password at my hotel so, I couldn't online for the past few days. 

The reason I am here in Vietnam is because I'm having a two-week Integrated Project for my University. Basically my classmates and I are here to study and carry out a project on the real estates in Vietnam. So the University of Finance-Marketing (UFM), Vietnam is our host for this whole project. 

I have pictures but I haven't synced the pictures to my computer yet so that'll have to wait since it's past midnight right now and I have to wake up at 6 in the morning tomorrow. However, I just want to share with you guys my experience in Vietnam so far.

The main thing I noticed is that there a lot of motorcycles here, which is something I'm not really a fond of. Another thing is people honk ALL THE FREAKING TIME. I think honking is annoying unless its unavoidable but here, honking is like a compulsory thing if you're on the road. On my second day here, I was waken up by the sound of honks through my window. And my room is on the forth floor....
Imagine that.


 It was really getting to me but now I think I'm getting used to it. Despite that, I find that Vietnamese are really soft spoken, in terms of their language and the way they talk. Guys and girls, both speak very softly but it's kind of hard to communicate since they aren't very good in English. Some of them are pretty good though. In one of the class I attended this morning, the lecturer even brought his own interpreter to translate what he lectured in class. But I did enjoy Vietnam so far. This is just a short post of my experience so far and what I think about Vietnam. More posts on Vietnam soon. This time, with pictures, I pinky promise! :)
I'm not sure if I'll be able to post frequently as I'll be pretty busy here but if you want to know about my daily updates while I'm here in Vietnam, you can follow my Twitter. Link will be on the side bar of this blog!

No comments: