May 9, 2011

My Mom, the woman I look up to

I stumbled upon an article that elaborated about it's haram for Muslims to celebrate Mother's Day. Honestly speaking, I think that's stupid. Valentine's Day I understand, yes it's a sin to celebrate and I don't celebrate it. But Mother's Day? It's the day to appreciate and treat your mother like a queen and they say that's a sin? I don't know about you, but that doesn't make sense. Islam taught us that parents are everything to a child and mothers are very precious to us. So what's all this, saying celebrating our mothers is haram? To me, it's a good thing to appreciate your Mom and having one special day to celebrate it. In the article, it said that Mother's Day is the day that the Greece people celebrate their mother of god, Rhea. I mean, it's up to them to celebrate their mother of god or whatever but if our intention is to celebrate our own Mom, to appreciate all the things she'd done for us through out the years, suffering 9 months carrying us around in their tummy, having the most painful experience to give birth to us so we can see the world, teaching us everything we need to know and giving us so much love and care while we grow up, on Mother's Day, then I think that's a good intention. So, I suggested Levain Boulangerie Patisserie for a place to celebrate because Mom loves pastries.

Since it was Sunday AND Mother's Day, of course the place was packed with people. We couldn't even find a table, so we decided to eat somewhere else. The Loaf in Pavilion was our choice. Although it was only my parents, sister and me, we had a good time.

My sister with my Pink guava drink.

Best garlic butter bread ever for starter!

My sister's Iced Chocolate was the best. Tasted so much like Hershey's chocolates.

And this is probably the best salad I've ever had. I'm not a big fan of salads though I have my time and mood when to eat salads. But I could eat this salad everyday for the rest of my life! I love how the mushroom tasted so strong and the salad was so freshly steamed.

We were all so hungry and couldn't wait for the main courses. By the time they arrived on the table, I swear all four of us just straight away buried our faces on the plates full of pastas! Hehe

This disgusting black looking thing is Squid Ink Lingune. Trust me, it tasted much much better than it looked!

The two person I look up to the most.

Top : Old Blossom Box

Happy Mother's Day, Mama!

No comments: